Thread: Bad Studio Cover (version with explorer)

Blog Entries

Bad Studio Cover (version with explorer)

I've made this recording earlier, and posted it on the old forum aswell. But as there's always that discussion "what guitar edge used in the studio", I am putting this version here. Also to have another version to compare with other bad-studio recordings here. I think Bad is recorded on a les paul. Other reason is that I am currently trying to create a vox-ac30 patch for axe fx 2, which I want to compare later on with this version.

First part is the master himself from CD, second part is my bad-explorer-version. All settings etc can be found in the vid itself. It was Micheals bad-preset, with my own liverpool settings (see vid) and my explorer with t-top replica's.. And I played softly (which I hardly do)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNRzx...D2anRHfO-uQ%3D

Comments welcome!

Blog Entries
    I've often thought studio version was his Les Paul or Explorer. But then there's live concert footage of him playing his Strat on this so it sticks.
    "If I could play one note for a whole song, I would" - Guess who said that.

Blog Entries
    True, but there's quite a sound difference in studio vs live. The sound was easily achieved with humbuckers for the studio sound.

Same goes for pride. In the studio he uses the white falcon (at least, in the making of there's a shot of him with the falcon during pride video recordings), and with both blackie and LP during the recording sessions.. As there are multiple guitar tracks we'll never know what the main sound is I guess.

dutchyU2
    I play it with strat, but also with my explorer and les paul. To me, it sounds much, much closer to the studiosound when I play it with a humbuckerguitar.
    So I go along with you Jacques, studioversion is recorded mainly with Humbckerguitar

gr Bert