Thread: HD500 bass guitar?

Blog Entries

HD500 bass guitar?

Has anyone had any success simulating a bass guitar using a normal guitar and a HD500?

I'd like to start laying down bass guitar on backing tracks, my own compositions etc and thought about using my normal guitar, rather than buying a cheap bass guitar (which I believe the HD500 would accept). I guess another way would be to play a midi instrument and convert it to a bass sound?
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

i tried to usemy guitar with the whammy 1 or 2 steps down but i didn't like the result at all.
    maybe when the new update comes (with the new bassamp) it will sound better.

Blog Entries
    You'll never quite do it, but yiu can get by - I have used this in the past. Remember to keep it to single, clearly struck notes.

The POD has a Factory Set List which has vocal/acoustic/bass patches (Group 4 on my POD).

Choose a "Studio Bass" type patch. Basically it will be a clean amp + Studio Compressor - or something like that.

Use an "Octaver" effect - not the pitch glide - and set mix of low Octave quite high but not full 100%. Choose Neck PUP, turn neck pup tone down about 15-20 percent, and play on the bass strings.

P.S. This will get you by for recording a bass/rhythm line to play over - so you get a Bass Root in the mix.
    Last edited by TooTone76; 03-05-2012 at 10:15 AM.

or since you can play keyboard, get a vst and record it in midi in reaper