Thread: CheapEdge's cover of "Until the End of the World"

Blog Entries

Post CheapEdge's cover of "Until the End of the World"

Hi all, Here is my cover of UtEotW.

This time only the guitar sings, and I played it a bit different than usual, not trying to play exactly like Our Great Example. The BT has also other musicians than the usual guys (not Larry, not Adam). Lots of credits go to the creators of the BT, really nice drumming and bass.

Hope you like my playing ... tried to be somewhat original, cause that seems to score points for the contest :-).
    It's unbelievable what a man does to try and win a T-shirt :-) !

Feedback, as ever, very welcome.

Enjoy, regards,
    Rob / CheapEdge

Blog Entries
    Hi all, Here is my cover of UtEotW (reposted,something went wrong first time, sorry)
    http://soundcloud.com/cheapedge/untiltheendoftheworld
    This time only the guitar sings, and I played it a bit different than usual, not trying to play exactly like Our Great Example. The BT has also other musicians than the usual guys (not Larry, not Adam). Lots of credits go to the creators of the BT, really nice drumming and bass.

Hope you like my playing ... tried to be somewhat original, cause that seems to score points for the contest :-).
    It's unbelievable what a man does to try and win a T-shirt :-) !

Feedback, as ever, very welcome.

Enjoy, regards,
    Rob / CheapEdge

Blog Entries
    Credit for originality - but I think you need to work on the main riff, I don't think it sits too well with the BT. I do like the bit you play (near beginning after main riff) where the violins come in. If you could improvise everything to sit/mix as well as that, you're on a winner.

good to hear someone add their own take on a song. Nicely played. The bit I always find the most tricky and I think at times it got you as well is the damn timing of the outro!

Blog Entries
    Hi TooTone, Thx for your feedback. As always - I appreciate it.
    I am not sure I understand it though, can you explain a bit more what you mean with "main riff, I don't think it sits too well with the BT".
    By the way, the "violins" in the BT is actually a second guitar, not me, so no credits for me there, other than mixing it in :-).

regards, Rob / CheapEdge.

Blog Entries
    Hi BigTim,
    Fully agree, I tried to fill the gap that easily comes in between the higher barred chord and the lower barred chord bij sliding down. Listening back a day later, I hear that this approach has not been succesful all times. I will try to improve in a a new take, which will also include the feedback of TooTone. Soon in a theatre near to you ...

Regards, Rob / CheapEdge

Blog Entries
    For the main riff (The E/ESus4) I think what you've done is tried to "Funk it up" a bit - and I can see where you're heading and I think its a good path. But I think you need to get some more fluidity in the rhythm. At the moment it sounds a little stiff and hesitant. Get practicing those 16ths and then try "swinging" them to follow the drums.

Blog Entries
    Hi Tootone, haha "funk it up" ... I like that expression! And that is indeed what I've been trying to do. Not really Edge-style, but this time that was not my intention - I tried to give it a bit my own swing. Now that you have explained and relistened to my own track I understand what you mean. Thx for the feedback, I will work with it !!!

Regards, Rob / CheapEdge