View RSS Feed

Michael

More on My Gibson Custom Shop Limited Edition Les Paul Custom 25

Rate this Entry

Custom Shop, Only 100 made, custom inlay fingerboard, wooden pickup mounting rings and wooden pickguard.

The Limited Edition Custom Les Paul 25 from the Gibson Custom Shop has a combination of features you won't find in any standard issue electric guitar. Hand-picked flame maple forms the top. The ebony fretboard has a custom split block inlay--each block alternates between double and single split lines. Somehow, it makes this guitar look fast! Look closely and you'll discover another rarity: the pickups have real wooden mounting rings and the 25 guitar also sports a wooden pickguard. Combined with the Gibson Custom Shop's peerless craftsmanship, this is an Les Paul Guitar that qualifies as a museum piece in the luthier's hall of fame.

You'll find everything you love about the Les Paul in this electric guitar: the resonant, mahogany body and set, C-shaped mahogany neck, killer '57 Classic humbucker pickups at both the bridge and neck and the sweet, glowing lacquer finish and gold hardware. What you won't find is very many of these. This Custom 25 is being limited to a run of just 100 guitars!

Features
  • Custom split block inlay
  • Wooden pickup rings
  • Wooden pickguard
  • Body Type: Les Paul
  • Body Wood: Mahogany
  • Top wood: Flame maple
  • Scale Length: 24-3/4"
  • Neck Joint: Set-in
  • Neck Wood: Mahogany
  • Fretboard: Ebony
  • Neck Shape: C-Shape
  • # frets: 22
  • Nut Width: 1.695"
  • Fretboard Radius: 12
  • Bridge: Fixed
  • Pickup Bridge: '57 Classic
  • Pickup Neck: '57 Classic
  • Controls: Volume/Volume Tone/Tone
  • Tuners: Grover
  • Hardware color: Gold
  • Pickup selector: 3-way w/coil tap switch
  • Finish: Lacquer

Gibson Custom Shop
Les Paul Custom Series
Edition Of: 100.
Nashville, TN, U.S.A.
Available about 2007 to Now
Standard Colors: Faded Cherry Sunburst.
Pick Ups: 2 '57 Classic Humbuckers.
Body: Maple Top, Mahogany Back.
Neck: 5 Piece Laminated Maple.
Fingerboard: Ebony, 12" Radius.
Number of Frets: 22.
Scale Length: 24 ¾ inches.
Options: "C" Neck Profile; Neck Binding; Multi Ply Heastock Binding; Pearl Split Block Inlays; Figured Maple Headstock Veneer; Multi Ply Top Binding; ABR-1 Bridge; Fine Tuning Tailpiece; Wood Pickup Mounting Rings; Grover Kidney Tuning Keys; Gold Hardware; Wooden Pickguard; Amber Top Hat Knobs; 2 CTS Pot Volume Controls; 2 CTS Pot Tone Controls; 3-way Pickup Selector Switch; Coil Tap Mini Switch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Case&Guitar.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	238

Comments

That's a truly beautiful guitar. Good to see it being used and not locked away in safe deposit box.
    Beautiful!
    Michael, is that toggle switch above the Volume/Tone knobs a CAE Sound 'unity gain buffer pre-amp'?
    I have one on my LP, curious if it's the same.
    Updated 01-03-2012 at 12:20 AM by ER-2
    I prefer to say nothing.
    It won't be enough
    Beautiful, just beautiful. How does it play?