• Recent Forum Posts

dav9rock

Les paul question for the experts

Choose a good LP and play... my 2 cents... I've tried a lot of LPs and, even there are so many different models, the main caractheristics of a Les Paul

dav9rock Today, 08:02 AM Go to last post
    mysteriouswaysboy

Vox 60th Anniversary Handwired AC15 and AC30

FWIW, the amps The Edge has been using on Innocence tour and Joshua Tree are HW2X rewrapped in black. I saw the back of the amps and the control panels.

mysteriouswaysboy Yesterday, 02:18 AM Go to last post
    drumu2

Amps

I can get very usable tones out of reasonable volumes from my AC30HW2, but it requires running the top boost channel about 1/3 the way up.

drumu2 10-16-2017, 11:26 PM Go to last post
    drumu2

Les paul question for the experts

1) On his Music Rising LP the neck will be a one-piece mahogany. Mahogany is a little warmer sounding, more lows, richer tone.

On his '74

drumu2 10-16-2017, 11:24 PM Go to last post
    drumu2

Vox 60th Anniversary Handwired AC15 and AC30

I was really tempted by these, but I've read a few user reviews over on TGP from guys that say it's really in the same league as the 2014 Handwired series.

drumu2 10-16-2017, 11:16 PM Go to last post
  • Video of the Month

• Articles RSS Feed

by Published on 01-01-2012 08:44 PM

Is mastering music and languages just for the young? Not if you know how to teach older brains

By GARY MARCUS

Can old dogs learn new tricks? Developmental psychologists have long said no. The so-called "critical periods" theory of learning says that if you want to learn something, start early in life. If that were true, there would be little point in adults trying to acquire new skills—and truckloads
    Published on 11-06-2009 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Tabs

Guitars, amps, FX - they're all here!
    By Joe Bosso, Wed 14 Oct 2009, 12:42 pm UTC

LINK: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...evealed-223342

U2's 360° Tour
    is a massive operation alright, and it wouldn't be an understatement to call it The Greatest Show On Earth - or anywhere else for that matter.

Named after a stage configuration called The Claw - a towering, robotic-looking structure said to be the largest (and costliest) concert setting in rock 'n' roll history, one that offers stadium audiences a panoramic view of the band - it's a long way from "three chords and the truth."
    It's five hours before showtime inside the vast Giants Stadium. The field and seats of the 80,000 capacity venue are empty, but I'm suddenly jolted by an overwhelming blast of music produced by three musicians on stage who proceed to pump out the second-best version of City Of Blinding Lights I've ever heard.
    Were they The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr, they might take their rendition all the way home, but the trio I'm listening to are their techs, Dallas Schoo, Stuart Morgan and Sam O' Sullivan, respectively.
    Still, it's uncanny how much they sound like their bosses. Schoo switches guitars and tweaks some settings on Edge's pedalboard. A few more guitar changes - a Rickenbacker, a Music Rising Les Paul, a black Stratocaster - and song snatches follow (bits of Ticket To Ride, The Rolling Stones' Angie and - WTF? - Stairway To Heaven).