View RSS Feed

Jezza

Bono said what where and the song that followed

Rate this Entry
GDay All...

What concert and city did Bono say the following and what song was edge playing or about to play...

1) Once maybe just once....

2) ... A song Charles Madison stole from the Beatles, we're stealing it back... (ed. Not Rattle & Hum Tour)

3) I don't know what I'm saying here... exscusemio ...

No prizes just the admiration of your peers....

Updated 01-07-2012 at 01:00 PM by Jezza (autocorrect !!!!)

Tags: bono, concerts, edge Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey Jezza,

Think 1) might be Slane Castle (Elevation tour), before SYCMIOYO.

Hmmm 2) is tricky. The only time I know that Bono said that, was the version from the R&H film. That was recorded in 1987 in Denver I think, which technically is before the R&H tour so maybe that's the answer. Said just before Helter Skelter, the reasoning being that Charles Manson (serial killer) had said the Beatles White Album, including Helter Skelter, was his inspiration to kill. He actually said a lot of crazy stuff about a whole lot of things but quoted that album.

For 3) I have a feeling this is the Milan convert (Vertigo tour). I remember watching it thinking, why is he speaking French when he's in Italy! Not sure which song was about to start though.

Not 100% confident on any of the above, but let me know how I got on. I'm a big U2 fan but not obsessive to the point of really detailed facts.

Cheers
    1) not sure. Maybe it was "In A Little While"
    2) Stay (Faraway, So Close) from ZooTV in Sydney
    3) I have no Idea, but I agree with the above that it may be the Milan concert, but it could also be live from Paris from the Joshua Tree Tour.
    1) In the middle on NYD at the Slane show, when Bono puts on the Irish flag
    2)Helter Skelter would be the song, but I don't know about any other time he said it besides R&H
    3) I have absolutely no clue.
    1. Slane Castle DVD during New Years Day, before he wrapped himself into an irish flag
    2. Helter Skelter, at the beginning of Rattle and Hum (on Zoo TV DVD from Sydney he says "This is a song Wim Wenders stole from the Beatles and we're stealing it back." at the beginning of Stay
    3. At the beginning of I still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For in Milan during one of the Vertigo tour concerts.
    Hi,

About 2): Bono said this at the concert in Los Angeles 18-11-1987 (Joshua Tree Tour) after they
    played In God's Country before beginning Helter Skelter. The other two I don't know.
    Hi all..... Here are the answers.

1) Slane tour..... New years day
    2) zoo - Sydney and then they played Stay Faraway So Close. Crowd was sure they were in for Helter skelter
    3) Milan .... ISHFWILF