View RSS Feed

Tim

1. Setting the Bridge and Intonation of my Strat

I've changed string size and manufacturers (now using D'Addario XL Regular Light .10's) and found I needed to make some adjustments to my Strat setup. I've never really dabbled in this so did a bit of surfing before I started. Firstly I found Fender's Strat Setup Guide which gives brief instructions on setting up the whole guitar. There's also loads of YouTube videos on Strat setups.

I am happy with my action and other things, so just focused on my bridge setup and intonation of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Learning UTEOTW completed!

After a few weeks of on/off learning/practice, I've finally got UTEOTW nailed. At the moment I'm using a HD500 patch from EWB and my next step is to tinker with my tone to get it right for my guitar, pups, speakers etc.

Here's a linky : Tim's Version

What song to do next?! Thanks to Michael for the amazing tuts.

Updated 11-26-2011 at 11:45 AM by Tim (Add link to my version)

Tags: ewb, hd500, tone, uteotw Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Learning UTEOTW part 2

Quick progress update... Solo and harmonics ok now and moved onto the outro. I've learned the notes but the timing of the outro is a bit weird, out of sync to the drum beats and I'm finding it tricky Once the nice bar chord sequence begins I'm ok, it's the part before that. Practice makes perfect!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Learning UTEOFW part 1

This is my first blog entry, just to see what happens really. Wish I had more to say... suppose I could also mention that I am currently working through the video tutorials on UTEOFW. Just finished the solo last night and trying to get the harmonics nailed. Probem is, I am not very good at harmonics
    Categories
    Uncategorized